Thursday 27 December 2007

Masters swimming - Karnataka state meet 2007

The Karnataka Masters State Meet was held at the Vijaynagar Swimming Pool on the 15th and 16th of December 2007.

This was the first time that I was participating in the Masters circuit, which is usually considered to be a meet for recreational swimmers, and I thoroughly enjoyed the experience. The competition is only an excuse for swimmers from all walks of life to get together and test themselves. There were swimmers, both men and women, of all age-groups. The oldest competitor was Mr. Krishnamurthy who was 90yrs young and a great inspiration to all those who thought they were too old to swim or compete.

For me, it was a great opportunity to test where I stood after almost seven years. It was like starting swimming all over again. Firstly, I was in the youngest age group – 25-29yrs, and secondly, my times were comparable with what I clocked when I was 10-12yrs old :-D.

I am looking forward to the Nationals that are going to be held on the 29th and 30th of this month at Mumbai. If the state meet was any indication of what to expect at the Nationals I am sure to have a lot of fun and make many new friends.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey thanks for your comment on my blog, will definitely tell my hubby about this blog, am sure he will be interested. He swam last in 1991, hasnt been near a pool professionally since.